What is Dr. Angie's
Dental Health Exchange?
Dr. Angie’s Dental Health Exchange is a not-for-profit organization that coordinates access to dental care for underserved populations by linking volunteer dental professionals with patients who earn treatment through community service.
This pay-it-forward program will get you connected with a dentist when you have a dental problem and are unable to afford treatment.
Patients get care, hospital emergency department visits are avoided and the entire community benefits.
Dr. Angela Hazlewood Murat, DDS, was a young South Bend, IN dentist who lost a battle with cancer in 2011. This program was named for Dr. Angie, who had the desire to help patients unable to afford dental care.
Inability to afford dental care
• No dental insurance
• No Medicaid
• Limited income, with verification (Accepted,
but not limited to: Financial Evaluation Approval
Letter, Care Card and VPN card)
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must have photo identification
* Urgent dental care
• Pain Relief
• No cosmetic procedures
Before your first appointment
1. Contact the Dr. Angie’s Program
2. Attend an orientation to:
• Confirm eligibility
• Receive oral health tools
• Complete medical history form
• Sign rights and responsibilities
3. We make your appointment for emergency exam.
4. Complete community service, then we'll make
• Extractions or fillings
• Comprehensive exam with X-rays and
dental treatment plan
• Completion of dental care